Friday, February 24, 2012

Pretend Cooking with Real Ingredients

I found a fun activity on Pinterest and thought I would give it a try with Beckett. It was pretend cooking with real ingredients.  Beckett was dressed for the occasion!
I laid out a blanket with tons of cooking tools.  Then in cupcake tins put some fun ingredients, like ground coffee, rice, sugar cubes, nuts, etc. 
 Beckett got right to work, adding a pinch of this
 and a scoop of that. 
 What fun!
 Doesn't his soup look delicious?!?
 Just when he thought the fun was over, I broke out more supplies to make cupcakes. 
 I thought the activity was going to be a huge mess, but everything stayed right on the blanket making it quick to clean up.  Beckett played for more than an hour.  We might have a little chef in the making. 

2 comments:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

How fun! :)

Jill @ A Mom With A Lesson Plan said...

Great idea! It would be fun to mix up the scents and textures for a huge sensory experience!