Monday, August 9, 2010

Beckett's First Food Experience

On Beckett's 1/2 birthday we gave him food for the first time. It did not go as we had expected. For the past month he had been grabbing at the food when we are eating and acting very interested. We thought for sure he would just gobble up whatever we gave him . This is what happened when we gave him rice cereal...

Since he did not like the rice cereal, we decided to give him some mango puree. Here is what happened.

The next few days after these videos we tried rice cereal a few more times. Each time we got the same reaction as the first video. So we have stuck with mango. This week we are going to introduce a new veggie! We will see how it goes.

5 comments:

Auntie Tera said...

I can't stop laughing after watching that first video. That is classic. It kind of reminds me of his momma when she eats something she doesn't like :)

Brett said...

I showed this video to my neighbor David, and we couldnt stop laughing, hahaha.

Anonymous said...

I thought Alicia's reaction to it was too funny! And Grant assured Beckett he was okay :-) What a great Dad & Mom Beckett has!
Love, Grandma Sally

Auntie said...

I finally watched the video....hahahaha. That looks like my kids getting a dill pickle for the first time!

Marcie Duvall said...

ohhhmy his reaction in the first video had me laughing...poor Beckett lol hope the taste testing is getting better :)