Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Playroom

The playroom is finally complete.
I took our old entertainment center and turned the two book shelves on their sides.  Then put baskets in the slots and Nana made cushions for the top.  Along the wall we have a couple of art displays and in the corner there is a Pinterest art project! 
 The chalkboard is my favorite piece in the room.  I took a big board and painted it with chalkboard paint.  Then I projected a US map on it and painted it.  I decided to switch the Dr. Seuss quote around a little, to fit the board.  We are using the map to mark all the states we have visited as a family.  Looks like we have some traveling to do!  Below the chalkboard, I repurposed our old tv stand to be a craft supply shelf. 
 Beckett's favorite part of the room is his art easel. 
 Pierce favorite is the green IKEA shag rug!  Nice and cozy. :)

2 comments:

Mary O said...

It is AWESOME!!!

Mom said...

Great job, Alicia! Your teacher skills and decorating skills are proven all in one room!