Friday, April 27, 2012

Beckett Escaped!

Yesterday's nap time was eventful!  I put this sweet little boy down to sleep in his crib and then headed to the kitchen to work on dinner. 
I was busy in the kitchen when I heard a door close.  Looking down the hall I saw all the bedroom doors open, except Beckett's door.  This started to worry me that maybe it was one of the outside doors.  I hurried around the house making sure all the doors were locked.  While I was in the middle of doing this, a quiet sound came from down the hall...open and shut!  I peered down the hallway and to my amazement Beckett's door opened and then shut.  I snuck down the hallway and opened the door to find...Beckett hiding behind his door cracking up!  When I asked him how he got out of the crib, he told me "blankets."  He had piled them up on his pillow and climbed out.  Here he is showing me how he got out...
 I told him he wasn't suppose to climb out and to stay in there for the rest of nap time, which he actually did.  So now what?!?  We are not sure we are ready to convert the crib to a toddler bed, but also do want him falling out of the crib while he is climbing.

3 comments:

Stephanie Ruda :) said...

Too Cute, can't believe he waited so long to become a little monkey! Now it all starts..... he is gonna start monkeying around SERIOUSLY :) Just wait.... little boys with monkey skills are so adventurous....YIKES for Mommies though!

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Get the toddler bed. You'll be amazed at how well he'll do in it. Mason has been in one for about 6 months now and loves it! :)

deaconlarsen said...

Try the toddler bed or put lots of soft stuff like blankets or a spare mattress next to the bed so he lands softly. Been here 2 times now and it was hard both times. Claire went crazy with not staying in her bed for the first week once we converted her bed and Ben did well when he was tired but got out of bed in the morning super early for a while. A new phase.
KT